Faux Furry Fall Fashion...I Think Not and OMG...Jackie O's Opinions

I know that all of you know that fur is everywhere this season,
not just by collection but by physical placement; on hems, on cuffs, on shoulders, on hats, etc.
And following the couture designers, the trend has dissipated down stream...as it always does... to the faux fur used in the ready to wear - bridge level of apparel. 

Speaking of Faux, last Fall my Aussie peep, Faux Fuchsia, sported a fabulous black fur vest.  
Here she is from last November looking so ultra glam in her  fur gilet vest thingamy
and so put together...note the way that her nail polish matched the border of her Hermes scarf...amazingly chic.

Since I saw her photos I've wanted to find a fur vest to wear this Winter because it seemed like a practical solution for staying warm in Los Angeles.  I have quite a few fur coats, but honestly they aren't that easy to wear in LA. 

So...onto the internet I went in search of Faux Fuchsia's fabulous fur.
But sadly, this is what I found at Bloomingdales.com.


These vest look like something that the cat dragged in, don't they.
I am so perplexed...why would any designer think that these were attractive?
I don't know about you but I wouldn't be caught dead in any of these fashion faux pas.
So...if anyone knows where I can get something like FF's vest, which I assume is mink with a fox collar please let me know.

By the way, there is something else that I am perplexed about.
Why did Caroline Kennedy release the audio tapes of her mother's interview from way back in the day? Was it a FOIA thing?
Here are some of Jackie Kennedy's quotes.
On MLK: “A Phony.”
On Charles De Gaulle: “An egomaniac.”
On Indira Gandhi: “A real prune — bitter, kind of pushy, horrible woman.”
On Clare Booth Luce and Madame Nhu, sister in law of Ngo Dinh Diem, South Vietnam’s president: “I wouldn’t be surprised if they were lesbians.”
On why “violently liberal” women preferred Adlai Stevenson to her husband: “Because they were afraid of sex.”
video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

Personally, I rather liked reading the personal opinions of the real Jackie Kennedy, post her Camelot period and when she seemed to be off her meds.
She put up with a lot being married to Jack Kennedy and she was always gracious in her public role as First Lady.  She was certainly entitled to her snarky private opinions.
But Clare Booth Luce a lesbian?
Where did that come from?