Tikis, Garden Grove, etc.

I'm just putting the finishing touches on my talk on 1950s/60s "Polynesian Pop" for OCHS on Thursday. I thought I'd share a few photos I took recently that didn't make the cut. All the photos in today's post come from the Kona Gardens apartment complex, at 9731 Acacia Ave. in Garden Grove. The place is totally amazing. Lava rock, tikis galore, gabled huts, thatch, tropical landscaping, nautical decor,... the whole schmeer!
If you'd like to see more, check out my tiki photo set on Flickr. For those attending my program, don't worry about spoilers. I don't think I'm using any of the photos I posted online.
And this is just the tip of the iceberg folks. My thanks to Mike Skinner for pointing this complex out, and for helping promote my program.
Two interesting articles in the Register recently: Sunset Beach voted to apply for cityhood, (can an Arcadia book be far behind?), and the swallows snubbed O.C. and headed to Vellano Country Club in Chino Hills. So much for tradition.