Christian Louboutin Princess Wedges


In January I was in LA for a month staying with my boyfriend at the amazing Sowden house designed by Frank Llyod Wright Jr. It was amazing. Almost every morning we would go to our favorite french cafe, Figaro for a morning espresso. One day I walked into a vintage store right next to the cafe called Sqauresville and spotted the most beautiful, never been worn deep burgundy Christian Louboutin velvet wedges. They reminded me of a Russian princess featuring floral embroidery, ornate beading and jewels. Even though they were marked a size too big I tried them on. Of course we instantly fell in love however I came to the conclusion I really didn’t need them. So I let them go and went about my day. A couple days later, I was hanging out at the house & my boyfriend surprised me with the wedges! He appreciates my love for shoes & knows it’s one of the ways to my heart ;)

I didn’t know anything about these wedges so I contacted my favorite Louboutin site, The Louboutin Blog hoping they might know more. They think my wedges are possibly from the 2004 or 2005 collection. I also learned that Louboutin created the shoes for Jean Paul Gaultier’s Fall 2003 show (pictured to the left) which features beautiful floral embroidery. The Louboutin Blog also found similar Louboutin heels also with floral embroidery that was inspired by the French countryside.