This, That and a little more of This

Yeah, I know.
It's been a while.
But yesterday I had the pleasure of checking in with my favorite Australian blogger
and it inspired me to write post about a little of this and a little of that.
I've got to start with Beladora....of course.
From young hottie Michael Fassbender in W Magazine to
surprisingly senior femme fatale, Betty Whit
in the May issue of Vanity Fair.
Beladora jewelry...it gets around
but you knew that


Next...important election news
No not "dog in a crate vs dog on a plate"
(which is my favorite line describing the US elections)
but what's going on in France
and you know what I'm talking about
Carla Bruni Sarkozy
The Daily Mail takes on the topic.
Seriously Madame Sarko
leave the botox and fillers to the women of a certain age in Beverly Hills
The French appreciate their women as they do their wine...
with a little age.
And speaking of age...I do like this antique beauty, don't you?

The Beau Sancy, a 34.98 carat diamond that will be put on sale by Sotheby's auction house in Geneva next month, is presented in Paris, Monday April 23, 2012. The Beau Sancy diamond, a stone of historical importance with a royal provenance stretching back to Marie de Medicis is estimated between two and four million dollars, (1.5 to 3 million Euros).(AP Photo/Remy de la Mauviniere)

Imagine what it took to cut a diamond 400 hundred of years ago without modern technology.

Onto fashion.
Is everyone as excited as I am about all of the bright colors used in this season's ready to wear?
My take on it is that all the bright colors signal a new optimism in our national mood.

Or maybe I'm just feeling optimistic because I finally found a dress at  Neiman Marcus  that I can actually afford, in a color that I like.
And, I would wear it with this ring

...if the universe doesn't tell someone else to get to it first....

I believe that I've told you that from time to time I like to read, real books not ebooks.
So I've estimated that over the last 12 months I've read something in the range of 20,000-25,000 pages.
Admittedly, with the giantical tomes of the Outlander books by Diana Gabaldon
and the Game of Thrones books by George R.R. Martin
the pages really added up.
But if you like to tackle big books I recommend both series.

With all that reading, no wonder I haven't had time to blog.

And worse, I've been away from the blogosphere for so long that I'm totally perplexed by the new blogger interface. 
It was bad enough that Google changed the Gmail interface, now they've gone and made blogger less user friendly.
Why Google why?
Is it time to check out WordPress or Tumbler?